• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noob x-menber question

I'm sorry if I link this wrong but what do you guys think about JKS' hd x-member? What about builing long arm mounts for LCA off the bottom of it?

Heres the x-member http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/m...BER&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=Protection

That's pretty expensive for what it is. I also would not build link brackets off of it, because it is only bolted to the chassis with the stock 2 bolts on each side.

I had really good luck with my TNT/Treks belly pan and Y-link set-up.

I just looked and maybe I'm not looking hard enough but it looks bolt on.

check again. these peieces are welded on. I run this kit and so to many here. Its welded on

crossmember.jpg

Try looking at Ironrock off roads long arm. 3 link bolt in with a removalable crossmember for about $200 more for the whole thing over the X-member. I have it on my rig and love it.

Try looking at Ironrock off roads long arm. 3 link bolt in with a removalable crossmember for about $200 more for the whole thing over the X-member. I have it on my rig and love it.

I looked at that set-up, but i talked to a guy in the club i belong to and he said that not having an uca on the pasenger side could be real bad.

I looked at that set-up, but i talked to a guy in the club i belong to and he said that not having an uca on the pasenger side could be real bad.

I have found that the only people that dont like their setup are the ones that have not ran it, their have been several people on here that have ran it and have nothing but good things to say.

No, what I said was that it is bad if not properly designed and engineered. A properly designed three link (or in this case y-link + single link) should not use any bushings. Is should use hard joints like heims, johnny joints, etc.

From what I've seen the Iron Rock kit uses bushings for the lower axle mounts and some kind of funky bracket on the single upper mount. Their web site provides very little information about how their y-link mounts with the funky upper bracket. From the picture and their installation instructions it looks like it still uses the bushing in the upper control arm mount. Based upon the use of bushings alone I wouldn't recommend this kit. But, personally, I also don't like how their control arms mount below the unirail.

Willy

I've had mine installed since Easter weekend of this year and have not had any issues with it. It does use bushings but from what I have read, if the bushings start to wear you can replace the upper with a jonny joint at that time. I have not experinced any brake steer and the highway ride is great. Six bolts through the frame rail with option of welding it on. Upper mount bracket works. A little complicate dfor what it does but never had a problem with it holding caster. Another benfit of this design is that you don't have to cut off the stock LCA brackets. Run it if you don't like it you can always go back unlike most long arm kits out there. To top it all off you can't beat the price. A true long arm for under $600 dollars.

Last edited:
Back