• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Off Road, Egyptian Style

Well, it's been an interesting summer in my weeks away from the Jeep.

First, we went "Off Road" in Belize in a golf cart in San Pedro where we found locals feeding the locals:

Then, we went "Off Road" in Europe, the Middle East (Turkey and Isreal) and Africa (Egypt) Betcha can't tell where this was taken:

Funny, while in Egypt, our tour guide and I were discussing vehicles and I saw and pointed out to him what kind of Jeep I have, he says "Oh, it's a JA-rowk-ee" LOL I was trying to figure out what the heck he was saying before I figured out JA-rowk-ee was what we call Cherokee.

There's a lot more pictures where those came from... just click on one. I highly recommend a visit to Egypt if you ever plan on heading to that area of the world.

E!

No luvmyjeep plate?

Looks like fun, welcome back.

Here's an old Wagoneer we spotted in Amsterdam. There wern't many 4x4's over there, but, I did spot a nicely decked out, and, well used, Range Rover in Rome, but didn't have my camera ready.

(Click on photo for higher resolution options)

I have not been as many places as you but I have been to more than most. I have to say that Egypt was amazing, by far the most interesting. Isreal has tons of history to but standing next to a pyramid and realizing how big they are really puts some perspective on the empire they must of had. We have a picture that looks identical to the one with you guys on the camels. Bet you guys had a blast! I hope to go back sometime.

One of my favorite parts of the world!!
Magnificent history and scenery!!

Did you get a warning before the Camel stood up :cheers:

Michael

I knew, from watching the Discovery channel and the History channel, that Camels sood up arse first, and, did it quick so hang on! The Hertz Rent-A-Camel dude really stressed to hang on tight.

Let me interject here that I'm 6'4" and 280 pounds and not easily embarrassed.

The first time the Camel TRIED to stand up, it mistakenly tried to go straight up to a standing position and let out a helluva grunt, but I was keeping a brotha down. LOL

Attempt #2 was successful. The Camel's ancient, almost prehistoric onboard integrated weight and motion sensing system readjusted it's output for a 2 point stand-up. Again, the camel grunted but it got up on knees front and rear, then up to the fully standing position... felt like a Jeep in the rocks! Steering was horrible as it just wanted to wander around, and the Analog Driver Feedback System seemed, well, quite rude. (Almost got bit!)

It was fun...

Eric

I knew, from watching the Discovery channel and the History channel, that Camels sood up arse first, and, did it quick so hang on! The Hertz Rent-A-Camel dude really stressed to hang on tight.

Let me interject here that I'm 6'4" and 280 pounds and not easily embarrassed.

The first time the Camel TRIED to stand up, it mistakenly tried to go straight up to a standing position and let out a helluva grunt, but I was keeping a brotha down. LOL

Attempt #2 was successful. The Camel's ancient, almost prehistoric onboard integrated weight and motion sensing system readjusted it's output for a 2 point stand-up. Again, the camel grunted but it got up on knees front and rear, then up to the fully standing position... felt like a Jeep in the rocks! Steering was horrible as it just wanted to wander around, and the Analog Driver Feedback System seemed, well, quite rude. (Almost got bit!)

It was fun...

Eric

Everyones story that I have talked to is slightly different but also similar :cheers:

I hope to go back sometime.

I also feel the same!! There are only a couple of places on this earth (that I have been to so far) that I REALLY want to go back and spend MUCH more time as Isreal and Egypt!!

Michael

:sure: I'll have to say I'm a little disappointed at the lack of JOKES and/or puns about the photos...:cheers:

E

Back