• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New/Used Neutral Safety Switch for my 89 Cherokee

Jeepnmon

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where I can get a used, working, neutral safety switch for my Cherokee? I contacted Autozone and they want $225.00 (That's Right!) for a new one. I used a great write up online to guide me in taking mine off and cleaning it up but when I went to re-install it the wiper arm looking thing broke. Sheesh. Any help would be really appreciated.

P.S. I was able to get the Chero started and moved into gear with just the plug hooked up and not the actual NSS to the side of the trans. Will the Chero run and shift okay? Do I really need this NSS?

Regards,
Gary B.

do a search for this you can take it off and clean it, If it is already off the hard part is done, take apart clean contacts and reinstall. john

There were a couple of refurbished one's being auctioned on ebay awhile back. Sorry I don't remember the sellers ID but you could try searching.

rnmedic said:
do a search for this you can take it off and clean it, If it is already off the hard part is done, take apart clean contacts and reinstall. john

He already did that but it broke when he was reinstalling it according to his post.

Sarge

Yep, that's what happened. It broke while tryin to re-install it. Also, I checked on ebay and nothing like it listed for now. Have to check later. Until then, anyone come across one please think of me :)

Regards,
Gary

Back