• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Lower Control Arm? Need more tire room

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
OK... I know I've seen this posted but I've exhausted my search 'words' to use and can't seem to find it.

I am having a bit of tire rub on my front lower control arms LCA when I turn my wheel full-lock. I know that a set of Grand Cherokee LCAs that are bent will take care of this but I can't seem to find the articles that show which ones to look for.

I've changed PC's and lost a lot of my old links. Any help would be appreciated on this.

Thanks.

You are probably getting screwed by the NAXJA search engines inability to work with 3-character or less searches. There is a sticky FAQ on this.

Anyway, go to Google and do a search like "LCA upgrade to grand cherokee NAXJA". Adding NAXJA will return hits here.

I know that Rusty's 4x4 makes angled LCAs too.

Do you need more turning or just hate the rubbing? If it is just the rubbing, adjusting your steering stops usually takes care of it.

I'd like to keep the sharp turning radious of my XJ. I'm just tired of the rubbing. Not sure it's doing any damage, but you can see where the rubber f/the tires have rubbed a smooth spot on the rear/outer part of the LCA.

I know there was a poster here, from Austrailia I believe, who has done a LOT of mods to his White 95 XJ... but I can't recall the website and can't find it. He had done a great write-up w/pics and info.

I'll google the search as you mentioned and see what I come up with.

Thx.

Thanks... Grand Cherokee or Wrangler? Just trying to look up some parts online.

I used to know this but I've somehow got stupid all the sudden...

WJ/ZJ = Grand.

Back