• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR Offroad

AdidasCJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I picked up a JCR Offroad Light bar for my XJ. First off I want to thanks Eric and Brian for the outstanding customer service they provided. I asked for an additional tab to be welded in for a CB antana, they took care of it without issue for a small fee.

Second i wanna comment on how STURDY this bar is! Now i know its about 130am in Cali... But hay i just got home from work and noticed the Santa in Brown had come today! So even with my quick install and rough in, tighten the bolts down and this thing is ON THERE! Hell i was useing it as a grab handle to climb up to throw the light in.

So with out further a-do, here is some very quick pictures. Remember... Its 130 in the morning!

Rough mounted:
1008090100.jpg

Lights on the outer tabs:
1008090122.jpg

1008090124.jpg

Inner Tabs:

1008090128.jpg

1008090131.jpg

Mounted to the Gutter:

1008090143.jpg

"added" tab for the CB:
1008090146.jpg

I am EXTREMELY Happy with this bar! It does not sit to high, so i will not have an issue with it getting hit. I would recomend this to people who do have the cash or maybe dont want the full roof rack for lights to be put up top.

Again sorry for the shotty pictures... 130am..... :D

ALSO here is the result of what happens when your "rain gutter" is ALOT sharper then it looks!

1008090148.jpg

OUCH!

More pictures of the rack comming this weekend when i get some real time to get it completely installed!

Looks good, a bit taller than I thought it would be though.

Looks great, very nice set up.. You may want to rethink how far up you have the lights mounted..Try it there first, then mount them back above the B pillar..I found that helped alot for my side and front view..Plus i had NO glare on the windshield...Again very nice set..Only if i had the money

that does look great, and i agree with scott, slide it back some, you are going to get a hell of a glare off the hood (if yours is still shiny haha).

now convert those lights to HIDs and assault the darkness!

Looks great, very nice set up.. You may want to rethink how far up you have the lights mounted..Try it there first, then mount them back above the B pillar..I found that helped alot for my side and front view..Plus i had NO glare on the windshield...Again very nice set..Only if i had the money

Yea man i dont plan on leaving them all the way up on the windsheild like it is, it was just a fast "put it on to see" type thing. This weekend ima get it all set up and wire up the light etc etc.

what do them things run.

This one i picked up was the prototype, so they sold it for 75 plus shipping plus the "added tab". One there site it shows i thinkg like 110 or something like that.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=XJLGHTRK&Category_Code=DPL

there is the link, 2 options.

Looks good, a bit taller than I thought it would be though.

You can't make it any shorter and fit 6" Diameter lights. We are planning to make a "slim rack" that would sit closer to the roof and use smaller rectangle lights (also allow for ppl to mount them on the back for backup lights). But all of our light racks will have the lights hanging below the tube, as we feel that looks the best.

Back