• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

started dying randomly, usually slow speeds

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
so i noticed after the last wheeling trip that my jeep died out once or twice while going nice and slow over some rocks. never has done that before. i also noticed it tonight when pulling the jeep in to the garage that it died out once as well, very random, even though it ran just fine earlier. the iac and tps are new. so are plugs and cap and rotor. i have massive battery cables and freshly cleaned grounds and i run mopar CCC throught the intake every two trips to the mountains and clean the k&n.
it died as i pulled it into the garage but starts right back up.
i plan on testing the tps but and checking the tps gorund but my guess is that maybe it will read fine since it runs fine for the most part.
my question : are these the signs of a cps starting to go out?
could it be the battery? i noticed what seems to be leakage on the battery? no white corrossion but looks like the top is a little wet i guess. maybe the battery is on its last leg? i know its a minimum of five years old...but maybe ill buy one of the cheapo cps's to keep in the jeep just in case

i had this exact problem and it turned out to be the crank sensor

double post sorry

What is your idle speed in DRIVE?

Back