• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar troubles

anewlife84

NAXJA Forum User
wel i have been scratching my head about this for a few days now and i can decide. im piecing together my own 6 inch lift and need a track bar. can i use the ones off ebay or should i just spend the extra doe on a rustys?

Search first, if still no luck IMO get a RE HD with the johnny joint and a drop bracket. Most people on here will tell you Rusty's TB's are no good, but I can't say from experience.

chelms27 said:
Search first, if still no luck IMO get a RE HD with the johnny joint and a drop bracket. Most people on here will tell you Rusty's TB's are no good, but I can't say from experience.

I've been through 3 different "designs" of track bars... go with RE HD (or the equivalent JKS) with the new frame end bracket and save yourself some future headaches.

HAHA save the money and buy the RE one...NEVER save yor money to buy Rustys trac bar.... dont follow the basis of the thread just read some of the responses (including mine) about that poorly made piece of garbage...:smsoap:

Andrew

x3 on the Rusty's
mine broke, broken piece stuck in trac bar, finally out, messed up threads on way out, trac bar is useless now... waiting to find out if it will be replaced or not.
You will find many a thread telling you to stay away from Rusty's, I have never seen one saying to stay away from RE or JKS... must be a reason.

beakie said:
x3 on the Rusty's
mine broke, broken piece stuck in trac bar, finally out, messed up threads on way out, trac bar is useless now... waiting to find out if it will be replaced or not.
You will find many a thread telling you to stay away from Rusty's, I have never seen one saying to stay away from RE or JKS... must be a reason.
Hey if you have a trackbar laying around you're not going to fix, how about sending it to me, I'm making my traction bar and could use it.

PM me. Thanks

PM Dan Turner to get screaming prices on the RE track bar stuff. I just ordered mine last Thursday and they came in today. Total price for 1660 HD trackbar, mount, and brace with shipping- $230. Unbeatable.

Best prices you'll find anywhere. I think Dan is out of town for about two weeks, so be patient. But it's all RE stuff just at great prices.

Chris

p.s. Yeah, Rusty's TB system is crap. I went through two rod ends, two axle end bushings, and a mount until I finally woke up.

I did a lot of research and went with the RE HD bar and bracket. Just remember you will have to use loctite and re-tighten those bolts a couple of times. I got a couple of new lower bolts from a stealership and they came with blue loctite already on them. I carry the others as spares (in case I break them). Otherwise, I have no regrets.

Back