• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

miss at about 2000rpm for longtime

Lusty

NAXJA Forum User
At 2000 rpm in all gears my jeep will miss, like when taking off or trying to cruise at 60 mph under light throttle it is quite noticeable. Is there any gasket that could be affecting this or a vacuum leak? I have replaced a lot of parts and had it scoped 2 times and scanned but no culprit?? It is a 90 auto with a 4.0. exhaust/intake gasket was done too. The thing that seemed to help the most was a cap and rotor, think im looking in the wrong direction with a gasket or vac leak?

I guess I would use an analog multimeter and check the TPS through its full range of motion looking for dead spots.

Many times when the O2 sensor is going, it will lean out at around 2000 RPM and buck or miss.

The TPS span was checked on 2 seperate occasions by a shop and it is good. I will try to check the o2 sensor to see if it is crapped out i have 335000kms on the jeep, but when i had it scoped and scanned that was also 2 times each with no probs, but i will check . thanks for the help. Is there a vacuum line to kick the tranny down somewhere on the engine or any vac lines linking the trans and eng?

The TPS span was checked on 2 seperate occasions by a shop and it is good. I will try to check the o2 sensor to see if it is crapped out i have 335000kms on the jeep, but when i had it scoped and scanned that was also 2 times each with no probs, but i will check . thanks for the help. Is there a vacuum line to kick the tranny down somewhere on the engine or any vac lines linking the trans and eng?

No vacuum lines to the AW4.

There is a throttle body cable that runs to the AW4. If I remember right there is a half-moon shaped button where the cable attaches to the TB, you push the button in, then step on the accelerator pedal and the cable self-adjusts and locks.

Back