• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One More ABS Swap Question

Stuka87

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I was going to just PM 1-2 people that have done this swap, but apparently I cannot send a PM until I have a higher number of post. So anyway, here is my question.

I am going to swap out the old Bendix system for a standard vacuum booster setup. My few questions are as follows...

I don't have a parts rig to steel parts from, and I am not going to drive 2 hours away to try and find some. So, here is what I have read.

Buy a new master cylinder and new brake booster. I have not seen anything in relation to the prop valve?

Then I have read that new hard lines need to be bend. But I have seen conflicting information here. I have seen some say you have to replace ALL the hard lines for the length of the vehicle. Which seems like a hell of a job. And then some say that you need to bend up "a few lines". But that is rather general.

Before I tear everything down, I would love to have at least most of the parts that I need. So the vehicle is off the road the least amount of time.

Thanks a ton!

Is this on the 89 in your profile?

(Best to post year/engine/trans/transfer case, etc., in each thread you start)

If I had an 89, I would upgrade to the 95+ master cylinder and dual-diaphragm power booster and not just dump the lousy ABS for another lousy brake system.

Yeah sorry, I keep forgetting I am not allowed to have a signature like on most forums :p

Yes, its an '89 with the bendix setup. The dual diaphragm will be preferred depending on if I can locate a 95+ pedal to go with it.

Back