• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift problems. Need urgent help.

hupo224

NAXJA Forum User
So xcalibur (paul) and I are currently still working on the rear. We got the one leaf spring just about off (The front main bolt is being a bitch to get all the way out). So here is what happened when I tried loosening the other side.

img0308r.jpg

We dont really know what to do about this. The pin in the middle of the bushing started coming out. And it pushed the bracket piece out.

halp.

Go slowly. You may need to tighten it back up a few times. Try using a penetrating lube. For the steel bushing binding on the bolt and pulling the bushing mount outwards, hit the bracky wih a hammer to put it back where it should be. Then go back to loosning the bolt.

You may need someone to put a prybar underneath the bolt head, to pry the bolt away and keep the bracket in place AS YOU TURN THE BOLT.

Same thing happend to me. Heat and penatrating oil didnt do a damn thing. Just make sure the threads are completly out of the box and cut the bolt head off and slide it out.

I just pulled that bolt out on both my rigs last night, I PB blasted them for two days, then just used a breaker bar to get them loose and then an impact wrench.

I found at the last part you just have to pull and use a wrench to loosen it. On the rolled rig I just cut the pinch seem out so it would slide out no problem.

~Scott

Well done for today. Here is how we fixed the problem.

Vice grips on the inner metal tube thing. Then used the breaker bar to get the bolt out. Then when we got the new leaf in we tightened it up and it "bent" back.

to be done still

front
rear shocks (the bolts were gonna break)
rear brake line

impact is your friend.

Impact guns don't work on seized bolts that are stuck in rubber bushings.

I had the same issue on both sides. I cut through the leaf eye and then through the bushing and finally through the metal sleeve. Once teh sleeve was cut, i used a flat head and banged on it till it opened up enough for the bolt to start coming out. It takes some labor and flying hot rubber but it works.

Back