• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DB 4 inch to 6.5 inch lift??

Jimbo_1321

NAXJA Forum User
so I have a drop bracket 4 inch lift and I am planning on moving it up to a 6.5 but I want to keep the DB on. so what arms should I get? I'm thinking of reusing the uppers and getting adjustable lowers. but are the uppers tough enough? any info would be great! thanks a lot!

What lower arms do you have now? I run 6.5" with RE fixed lowers and RE adjustable uppers, which is a pretty common setup. Like most other people, I have found I cant adjust the uppers short enough.

cal said:
What lower arms do you have now? I run 6.5" with RE fixed lowers and RE adjustable uppers, which is a pretty common setup. Like most other people, I have found I cant adjust the uppers short enough.

I have the stockers on there.

One of our locals is running DB's with 6" of lift and 36" tires with dana 60's and stock uppers and lowers.. he boxed the lowers in and has never had a problem with them. I'm not suggesting thats the way to go, but its been working for him for a long time.

If i were in your shoes, I'd probably do RE fixed lowers and adjustable uppers, as I dont like to have the threads on adjustable lowers to drag over rocks.. You could do RE fixed uppers and lowers, but make sure you get superflex arms and not superride arms, or you will tear through rubber bushings.

-C

what lengths do you suggest? for fixed either upper or lower. depending on which I go with, upper or lower adjustable.

Jimbo_1321 said:
what lengths do you suggest? for fixed either upper or lower. depending on which I go with, upper or lower adjustable.
Re-read Post #2 in this thread and check the link. I'd recommend one set (your choice) as adjustables....probably the uppers although either will be fine.

Back