• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M8000 install in ARB bull bar ?

jb98xj

NAXJA Forum User
This may seem like a dumb question, but I got my ARB bumper a few years ago, and am now finally planning on getting a M8000. Are there specific instructions on mounting the winch to the bumper, that I should contact ARB for, or is it pretty straight forward?

Pretty straight foward 4 bolts. If you have a roller fairlead be sure to use the long pins that came with the bull bar. That will hepl stabalize the roller. The rest is easy electrical. Instructions that came with the winch. I have the same setup. If you have help, put the winch on the bumper first, the put the bumper on. If the bumper is alredy on it will still go in, just a tight fit. I also did NOT reclock the lever. It works fine in the stock position. Good luck!

hpim0422.jpg

Long pins that came with the bull bar, that could be a problem.... I will have to see if I can get replacements from ARB or something. Like I said, I got the bumper 5 year ago, and and planning to get a winch in the next week or so. Thanks for the help, and very nice xj.

I reclocked mine on the ARB install, made reaching for the lock-unlock lever easier. I also had to redrill the roller fairlead to set in the ARB pocket for it. That was a 3 years ago, the ARB bumper is gone but the M8000 just keeps pulling me out, and up, :looney: If all products worked as well..........

IH8 RDS, can you give me more info. on the "pins" you were talking about that came with your bumper? It was so long ago, I don't remember getting them? Any idea where I can get replacements?

jb98xj said:
IH8 RDS, can you give me more info. on the "pins" you were talking about that came with your bumper? It was so long ago, I don't remember getting them? Any idea where I can get replacements?

In the picture below, they are in the out side rollers. There not really pins, but big A$$ bolts. You might be able to find some at a hardware store. I was thinking of the "pins" that you have to remove from the rollers, my bad.

bullbar.JPG

Ok, I see what you mean now. Thanks again for all your help. I'm sure I can find those at a hardware store.

Back