• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Theory Confirmation - Drum -> Disc

smcdonaldaz

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a d35c in my 93 and would like to upgrade to a 29 spline 8.25 someday. After reading relevant search threads I believe the following to be true:

A - If I can find a D35 ZJ at the junk yard I can bolt in the backing plates and calipers to my existing D35.
B - When I get the 8.25 the same backing plates will bolt up AFTER boring to fit the bigger 8.25 axle tubes.

Correct?

I'm not a rock crawler and run 31s but want the peace of mind the 8.25 will give in the middle of no where.

Thanks in advance for your input!

I have 8.25 chrysler with V8 grand cherokee backing plates bolted onto my Jeep and yes your correct about boring out the center hole. Im just unsure about the D35 are the bearing pressed into the axle if so your golden. To bad you are not closer when i was done with my Chrysler axle i would give it to you

its all bolt on, not sure what the above refernce to axle bearings has to do with it...

IT has to do with whether or not the D35 is C-clip or uses bearing retainer plates. If it's C-clip, then it's real easy. If it uses bearing retainer plates, it may be a little trickier, but not totally out of the question. However, since he has a 93, he should have a C-clip Dana 35.

IT has to do with whether or not the D35 is C-clip or uses bearing retainer plates. If it's C-clip, then it's real easy. If it uses bearing retainer plates, it may be a little trickier, but not totally out of the question. However, since he has a 93, he should have a C-clip Dana 35.
the transition to c-clips was in '89 i believe. 93 should be c-clip

Back