• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Posessed dome lights?

Nickfast

NAXJA Forum User
For some time now, my domelights come on when accelerating and shut off when decelerating/braking.
All doors shut tightly and does not matter what position the cargo light override switch is in.
Lights also do NOT come on with the liftgate-again, no change on override switch.
Suggestions on where to start looking?

Nick

Well, I would try unplugging the door switches one at a time and see if the symptom goes away.

My dome lights started flickering on and off one day, then the just stayed on.
If I opened my door, they would go back off, shut it, come back on.

One of my door switches was corroded and shorted out. I would look there.

Guess I'll have to do some digging. Thanks for the suggestions, they give me a couple of places to start.
BTW, where is the switch for the liftgate-I see no buttons for it to hit anywhere in the jamb.

Nick

could also be the headlight switch

When you push the gas pedal, the dome lights come on? What if you are coasting? Down a hill? At idle?

If the lights always stay on and go off with the brake pedal, I'd say shorted wiring.

Seems to be any decelerating or pointing downhill will shut it off, accelerating or pointing uphill will make them come on (didn't specify that initially).

Nick

Back