• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removable winch mount

xjnewbi

NAXJA Forum User
So I am in the market for a winch in the near future and I'm thinking how it should be mounted. I would really like to have a removable mounting system to keep the winch out of the elements until wheeling time. Anybody have any ideas how to do this and still allow safe and effective winch operation?

All the removable systems that I've seen use a 2" receiver hitch - problem is that my winch bumper doesn't have a receiver. I need to find a way to make the winch and mounting plate portable.

Anybody do this??? Any suggestions??? I have the Logan's Metals front winch bumper w/ hoop if that makes any difference

The 2" receiver is really the best way to do it.

Easy way: Sell your winch bumper, buy one with the receiver.

Hard way: Cut yours open and add the reciever tube.

Either one will be easier, cheaper, and more effective than some convoluted removable plate...

Robert

Yeah,other than a reciever mount I dont know any other "quick" way of mounting a hitch.Rememer you have to be able to "quick" disconnect the electrics also!

Yeah,other than a reciever mount I dont know any other "quick" way of mounting a hitch.Rememer you have to be able to "quick" disconnect the electrics also!

The power is the easy part. You can buy a prewired kit with a 2x2ga plug and outlet.

But besides a reciever and pin, I can't think of another quick mechanical connection that'll take the 8-10,000# that a winch will pull.

Robert

Back