• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Long Range Lights?

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
My current setup is the bajahids kit with two dinky autozone lights on the brush gaurd. These little lights helped out lots when I ran stock bulbs, but now after i have HIDs, its hard to notice when I turn them on.
Since my HID setup provides more than ample light in the near to mid range, what kind of lights do you guys recommend for a pencil-beam ultra long range?
Thanks.

KC-Hilights with the long range lense are pretty good IMO. I have 4 of them and love them

I have some IPF 968's for sale that were pretty damn good at long range. I thought my H4 high beams were amazing, then these shone even farther, but still projected a good pattern close to the front of the jeep.

I know there are a lot of new HID kits out there. I'm sure some are very good.

When I completed my lighting needs a few years ago, the last set of lights I went with was a pair of 'Lightforce 240 Blitz HID'..

They offer what I believe to be incredible power, design etc :).

I know there are a lot of new HID kits out there. I'm sure some are very good.

When I completed my lighting needs a few years ago, the last set of lights I went with was a pair of 'Lightforce 240 Blitz HID'..

They offer what I believe to be incredible power, design etc :).

$$$

Anything a little more on the cheap side?

any light force light is going to beat just about anything out there, these lights are amazing. ive used them on a bunch of my rigs

yes, but ive heard lightforce uses a special bulb, which rules out easy HID conversion =\

So you get their HID conversion. All of the 140/170/240 lights have HID retrofit kits available now. The conversions are cheap enough, too.

As for their 'special' bulb, it's a Sylvania OSRAM bulb. Not exactly an H3, but a better bulb.

I know the four KC 6x9 55w HID's are extremely good long range light, I will have to try and get a pic of them at night. The two 130w 5x7 long range lights on the front bumper are really powerful to. I'll have to shoot a picture of all of them.

IMG_2423.jpg

Oooo Please do, that looks like a sick light setup.

And holy hell!!! Your lights are worth more than my Jeep!!!

On the cheap side, my friend got a set of HID lights from Kragen $100. a light, they are WAY brighter then my KCs! Im going to pick up 2 for myself. Been through hell with them without a problem. It has the ballest and everything built in. Get one and put it up aginst a non HID light and you will laugh!

Back