• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need feedback on bajahids.com HID kits in cold weather

Emerscape

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to upgrade to HIDs on my XJ. Talked to Tony over at bajahids.com who was very helpfull and quick to get back to my questions. I do a lot of traveling to northern Maine with some pretty cold temps in the winters. Can anyone give me any feedback as to any issues they've experienced with their HIDs in cold weather? I run a set of Hella 500s and Hella 550s so worse case scenario I'd have another set of lights.. Just don't want to hear the future wife bitch at me about having to fix the lights.

Thanks.

Just don't want to hear the future wife bitch at me about having to fix the lights.

Thanks.

For $20 bucks I won't tell her you posted that comment! LOL!

Seriously, I don't know of a known problem with HIDs in cold climates, otherwise they wouldn't be approved for use on vehicles being sold for operation on our highways.

Ive run my HID's up in Northern Sweden, and Northern Finland in the winter, no issues at all. HID's take a few seconds to warm up anyway, but nothing abnormal just because its colder outside.

Scott Brady took his HID equipped Toyota Tacoma up to the Artic Circle in the winter without issue, you dont get much colder than that.

It will be fine.

~James

Back