• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle Body Spacer ?

89xj3"

NAXJA Forum User
I bought I throttle body spacer and got one sent to me for a 2.5L and I have a 4.0L. I dont know if it will fit. Basically my question is will it fit and will it help me gain a little bit of power or should I just return it?

Honestly don't know. I have Rusty's spacer for my 90 Renix. Call the vendor and have them expedite the correct spacer. As for power, well, when I put it on I was running 31s with 3.07 gears and it seemed to help. When I re-geared to 3.73 I left it in and I like how my 4.0 performs.

Throttle body spacers have never been shown to change performance measurably on fuel injected vehicles. Maybe they worked back in the days of carburetors, but they don't do anything now. The only people who will claim they improve performance are manufacturers and the individuals who wasted their money on them.

I got one for my 90. It whistled...howled even...like a banshee. It didn't change anything, good or bad, except for the noise. The TBS is gone, no whistle, no change.

Back