• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone in wheeling on Sunday?

Thanks for the offer... not sure if I am up for 170 miles each way though.

What time are you guys heading out in case I decide to make the trek?

I'll give it a definite maybe. Any idea where you'd go? I have a friend coming in from out of town, and it would depend on how much we drink and debauch. I still need to replace my idler pulley, too...noisy little bugger! Text me at some ungoshly hour Sun a.m. and let me know your plans; I may reply. But I'd only be up for something like Pancake, anyway. Maybe you could drive it in Reverse, make it interesting?

Well the Jeep is still out of commission, although the CEL mysteriously turned off after a couple days of driving (me thinks it was just being bitchy from being ignored....no wonder cars are referred to in the feminine! =D). anywho, if anyone needs someone to hold there beverage, take photos, and offer totally unrelated advice...I'm your man! =)

Where you want to go? Something local? Corral Canyon..Pancake Rock?? Let me know. I'm in for a Sunday run.

I'm wheeling with another small group tomorrow, we are doing Pinion Mountain Trail. Your welcome to join us in the morning.

Date:Saturday, October 3, 2009

Meeting Location: Dudley's Bakery- 30218 Hwy 78 Santa Ysabel, CA 92070

Meeting Time: 7:00 AM

CB Channel 32

I can't go tomorrow... I have kids soccer game and other family stuff.

Sunday I am wide open. I would hit up Corral Canyon on Sunday if you want.

What's Pinion Mountain Trail like? I've never been.

Mike

Pinyon Mountain's fun, Mike... we'll get Ted to take us out there sometime. I ran it with him for his bday last year. We did that, and Heart Attack Hill, I think. It's where Jeep Squeeze is, and THarlanJr managed to get a Grand Cherokee thru it intact (other than a taillight, I think) on his first real run. Pretty amazing. There are a couple puckery spots, and a great wheel stand opportunity on a downhill dropoff. Probably not as much of a challenge for those beyond my 3" lift/235/75 tire size, but lots of fun for all. You end up in the washes out by Ocotillo Wells.

Looks like my XJ is out of commission for alittle while. Looks like the rear main seal started leaking. So I'm out for Sunday.

Pinyon Mountain was fun. It's a pretty easy trail with the exception of the squeeze...that's a little tight, but we madeit through without body damage.

Pinyon Mountain's fun, Mike... we'll get Ted to take us out there sometime. I ran it with him for his bday last year. We did that, and Heart Attack Hill, I think. It's where Jeep Squeeze is, and THarlanJr managed to get a Grand Cherokee thru it intact (other than a taillight, I think) on his first real run. Pretty amazing. There are a couple puckery spots, and a great wheel stand opportunity on a downhill dropoff. Probably not as much of a challenge for those beyond my 3" lift/235/75 tire size, but lots of fun for all. You end up in the washes out by Ocotillo Wells.
But now i know a new route that is way more fun and takes out all that lame washboard towrds the end.

Nice--we'll have to check it out sometime...

Back