• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

longer drive shaft?

Jesusfreak0190

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 97 four door auto cherokee sport with a chrys 8.25 in the rear and am going to put seven inches of lift on it, but I am worried the the slip yoke eliminator wont be enough to keep the drive shaft in. is there any other vehicles with longer drive shaft that I can use?. I am trying to keep it cheap. ideas?

I've got a 97 four door auto cherokee sport with a chrys 8.25 in the rear and am going to put seven inches of lift on it, but I am worried the the slip yoke eliminator wont be enough to keep the drive shaft in. is there any other vehicles with longer drive shaft that I can use?. I am trying to keep it cheap. ideas?

I'm pretty sure the DS from an AX15 equipped XJ would be longer.

Best bet is a search, and you will get more detail if you limit the search to the modified tech forum by using the advanced search feature.

Just say "no" to the 7" lift and it will be plenty "cab" for you!

In the OBDII years, the D35 equipped manuals had the longest DS.

Any pre OBDII shaft is longer than those, but the front yoke is different.

Besides, with 7" of lift, you will want to do a SYE and a DS with a slip yoke, not some OEM DS.

Ron

I would keep it lower until you can afford the SYE and shaft.

If you want to run the slip yoke, I have a shaft that worked for me with about 7.5" (6.5" lift with new, stiff springs) with an AX15 and 8.25 rear, so it should be long enough for your needs. I'll sell it cheap :). BUT, I would advise against it, as the angle on the joints is high, and slip yoke engagement will still not be optimal. You should wait, but let me know if you want the measurements/price/etc on the shaft I have.

Back