• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new engine cam section

RoyalXJ

NAXJA Forum User
ive got a new engine going in my jeep in the next couple weeks and i would like some help choosing a cam. its 4.0 w/ 63mm tb, flow daddy header, msd ignition, 2.5" flowmaster exhaust and i may do a 1.6 roller rocker. looking for something thats gonna give me a little more power on the trail. any suggestions? thanks.

ive got a new engine going in my jeep in the next couple weeks and i would like some help choosing a cam. its 4.0 w/ 63mm tb, flow daddy header, msd ignition, 2.5" flowmaster exhaust and i may do a 1.6 roller rocker. looking for something thats gonna give me a little more power on the trail. any suggestions? thanks.
the motor done yet? is it being built, or just some bolt on stuff that you have listed? time to stroke it?

i am running a 4.6 stroker with the Comp Cams 231 cam, and love it

If you are rebuilding one then build a stroker. Cost isn't too much more for a rebuild of a stock 4.0L. scratch the rockers and use that coin for pistons and such.

With that being said, I'm running lunati voodoo cam in mine. I don't remember the specs off the top of my head but it works well. I have a ton of low end torque and no vacuum issues.

Parakeet

the motor done yet? is it being built, or just some bolt on stuff that you have listed? time to stroke it?

i am running a 4.6 stroker with the Comp Cams 231 cam, and love it

engine is already built. bought a stock long block and the stuff listed is from my old engine

SilverXJ has a comp cam for sale. You need at least the 4.2 crank and rods(and associated bearings) for a stroker build. If you want to keep the 4.0 rods, then you need a custom piston(or a kb944 or 945).

Back