• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spicer DS ujoint part number confusion

X-defector

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 Sport, 4.0, AW4, D35 w/abs. So I've heard that all the DS ujoints for the Cherokee driveshafts are 1310 size.

The Dana/Spicer site lists a number 5-153X for the front DS at the axle...and for the rear either the same part number or 5-1309X or 5-353X (depending on inside clips, outside clips, or a combination of the two).

The front double-cardan part numbers are 5-144-1X (which apparently are 1310s with a grease fitting in the cap instead of on the body).

Is there any particular reason I should track these all down, or go with a full set of standard-issue non-greasable 1310 equivalents and not worry about it?

Also, I see some people talk about a double cardan yoke-centering thing....but Spicer has no part number listed for my year. What is this and do I need to worry about it?

Thanks!

Back