• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new tires ideas?

rcliftedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
so i've narrowed my choices in new tires down to the 36x13.5 irok radials, the 36x12.5 tsl radials, or the 35x12.5 KM2's. i have a '97 xj 6.5 inch mutt lift, d44 rear(lock-right)/HP d30 front, 4.56 gears, NP231 w/sye. I run alot of road and i live in the east. so theres mud, rock, roots, everything.
what do you guys all recommend.

i ran a set of the older gen km's and i loved them. i live in a small town so the millage doesn't rack up to quick. i've put on 7000 miles in 2 years. and i'm not trying to win mud runs either. most of the trail riding we do is class 4 roads and exploring from there.

I run tsl radials 33x10.5 (2nd set) and off road they are awesome... on road really not that bad.
Having said that, I am seriously considering the KM2's for my next tire for better pavement qualities. (straight line stability, bump compliance, wear and noise.)
Of note, there is no mud here... even so, the amount of time my rig lives on pavement, I'd give up a little mud performance for a quality radial on the pave (KM2 or MTR)

Back