• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Size duelers for RE 3.5" lift?

kenallwine

NAXJA Forum User
I see that there is a sale running on the Duelers right now. I'm looking into getting the RE 3.5" super ride kit. Can anyone tell me what the max tire size would be that I could put on with the Duelers?

They would most likely be going on the stock 5-start XJ wheels from 2000. If I would need spacers that would be fine. And, I have already picked up WJ LCAs.

The other question would be, since I am almost at the point where I need to get tires soon, would the recommended tire for the above set up work on stock suspension if there was NO offroading and just normal street driving?

Information on this sale?

I have the RE 3.5 superflex which sits more like 4.5. Agree 31s fit fine with no trimming and with offroad use. You will need wheel spacers to keep 31x10.5s off of the LCAs. I'm running Ravine wheels from an '04 TJ with 5.5" backspacing and rubbed the paint off my LCAs. 1.5" wheel spacers fixed it up. I never ran the 31s with no lift, but can't imagine that it would work without trimming as jeepster said.

http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/Projects%3A+Dodge/Part-1-The-Initial-Rampage/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/194195?contextCategoryId=45807

"After all was said and done, I had blown a total of three of them Bridgestones. It was time to change the rubber or face certain death on the roadway."

I have only blown out a few tires in my life and one of them was a Dueler with good tread. I have taken bald BFG's on wheeling trips and never had one blow. I even drove over the "Do not back up -Extreme tire damage" spike strips in BFG's and they didn't pop.

http://www.off-road.com/trucks4x4/P...Article/detail/194195?contextCategoryId=45807

"After all was said and done, I had blown a total of three of them Bridgestones. It was time to change the rubber or face certain death on the roadway."

I have only blown out a few tires in my life and one of them was a Dueler with good tread. I have taken bald BFG's on wheeling trips and never had one blow. I even drove over the "Do not back up -Extreme tire damage" spike strips in BFG's and they didn't pop.
well, to each they're own. i have personally had many problems with the BFG's sidewall. i will never own another BFG A/T but if i was in the market for A/T's i would go Dueler Revo's. superior snow traction to any other A/T i know. and they lasted.. infact. my old set of revo's is now on its 3rd vehicle. and they still have 30% left. My guestimation is they have well over 50k on them.

Bridgestone discontinued the Revo's for a newer version.. The Revo 2's... I think they're great, I had them on an 01 Silverado Z71 that I used to tow a 7,000 lb boat trailer combo and they handled it with no problem. Excellent traction in rain and snow... Had 35,000 miles on them when I got rid of the truck and they still had 8/32's of tread left...

i have the re 3.5 and ran 31" bridgestones for years. I rubbed on my lower control arm but also the top coil bucket when flexed so jump for some spacers on stock wheels. I ran the BFG at's before the bridgestones (bought the bfg's when they were first released and they would come pull you out on their dime if you got stuck) and would take the bridgestone duelers over bfg's any day. Off road i think the BFG's are a bit better but on road if you got them near something wet you were out of control easily. The bridgestones took me through lots of wheeling with the midwest chapter and then the red river chapter, never punctured when aired down and gripped most everything i needed them to, plus i got right at 80k out of my first set

Back