• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'00 Head gasket leak Passenger side

m42duster

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '00 sport with 129,000 miles. I have a slight weeping leak along the head gasket in the center of the head area (passenger side area). I have searched and read numerous threads on this topic. Anyhow, can coolant leak from this area? Or is it only likely to be oil. It's so slight that it's hard for me to tell the difference. I have no OBVIOUS symptoms of a blown head gasket, yet anyways.

Thanks,

Paranoid '00 owner...

Pressure test the cooling system, then a leak down test on the head.

Or, just wait for the symptoms to get worse, then do something about them.

I am not having any other obvious signs of a cracked head. I was wanting to know if it's possible for coolant to leak from this particular area.

The pass side is where the pushrods are, so as long as you keep track of your oil and coolant levels, you could let the leak progress, until you feel like dealing with it.

Identify the fluid that is leaking.

Valve cover oil leaks are somewhat common. Coolant leaks usually put coolant in the oil, oil in the coolant, or the coolant goes out the exhaust pipe.

Back