• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Beefing up a gas tank skid.

jeeperjohn

NAXJA Forum User
So I got a gas tank skid from XJKevin (thanks dude!) and I decided it could use a little beefing up so I added some 1/8" material to the bottom of it. I drilled a bunch of 3/8" holes in it and welded it on with rosette welds and some tacks on the perimeter.

DSCF1427.jpg

DSCF1428.jpg

DSCF1429.jpg

And then painted it with some undercoating.

DSCF1430.jpg

DSCF1431.jpg

I think this sucker is gonna hold up just fine!

Beefy indeed, I hope it goes on easier than mine did John.

What? no credit for training it to you? booo! :p

Looks good holmes. YOu need to come help me with mine.:p

looks good john, i bought the skidrow skid plate from kyung, but can't get the bolts off the tow receiver to install it (rusted) - i been blasting it w/ wd40, still can't get it - might have to cut the bolts off. wanna get this done cuz i bought & installed the new 20 gal tank.

looks good john, i bought the skidrow skid plate from kyung, but can't get the bolts off the tow receiver to install it (rusted) - i been blasting it w/ wd40, still can't get it - might have to cut the bolts off. wanna get this done cuz i bought & installed the new 20 gal tank.

I've got a big Impact.....

Back