• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help removing an alarm.

jakeWI

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Silencer Alarm that came in my XJ when I bought it. One of the remote keys already went bad so I am down to one. I really don't want to pay for a new back up key so I just want to take the whole thing out. When I searched for Silencer Alarms to possibly come in contact with them and ask them, it seems like they might have went out of business.

Now I know nothing really about alarms. Maybe a lot of after market alarms are the same (im hoping) so someone could lead me in the right direction in how to take this thing out. :tear:

I have a Silencer Alarm that came in my XJ when I bought it. One of the remote keys already went bad so I am down to one. I really don't want to pay for a new back up key so I just want to take the whole thing out. When I searched for Silencer Alarms to possibly come in contact with them and ask them, it seems like they might have went out of business.

Now I know nothing really about alarms. Maybe a lot of after market alarms are the same (im hoping) so someone could lead me in the right direction in how to take this thing out. :tear:

understanding relays really helps

i pulled an alarm out of my '89. there should be a control box somewhere with a bunch of wires hooked up to relays that are spliced into your ignition, horn, lights etc. all i did was follow the wire to the relay, and eliminate the relay, splicing the wires that go through the relay together completing the circuit. to make it easier, every time you eliminate a relay, make sure you can still start the jeep, and all the possibly affected systems still work, that will help, especially if you messed up, it will tell you where you went wrong. i hope it was professionally installed. mine was done with wire-nuts and speaker wire

wire-nuts and speaker wire

Are you effing kidding me?! :doh: Some people are too dumb to even want to save! I wonder if he worked at Best Buy? Those guys have a tendency to be complete hacks and I speak from the experience of having to repair their stuff in my ex's car.

Back