• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

please help unibody separating from body

Monster1307

NAXJA Forum User
hello to all you guys im really new to this forum nor every forum at all for xj's
but a have a little problem with my xj :helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme::helpme:
the unibody broke down from the crossmember on the driver side last weekend and im being using it for street driving buuttt :tear: i welded a different exhaust for less noise during the street driving and foud that the unibody rail is separating from the body actually looks like that part from the unibody is only grabbed by the metal plates that i welded for the steering side.
have any of you guys has seen this and how it be the best way to repair it

thanks
JL
El paso Prerunners

Buy a new XJ...

Or get some frame stiffeners and see if maybe you can add on extra metal to tie directly into the body?

I don't know what I'm talking about, so if anyone sees any reasons this wouldn't work, please tell me I wrong. :D

[FONT=&quot]Having the unibody come apart is a bad sign.
Has it been badly crashed, or is it rusted away.
You need to have someone very knowledgeable look at your XJ.
If the floor is pulling away, how about the spring or CA mounts.

This would scare me badly and I would not drive it until it was checked out and either OKed, repaired or junked.[/FONT]

how can i place a pic??

every thing out of the bad area is in good shape no rust no nothing very stiff at all
buuuttt that part looks very scary
like a background this xj has several problems with DW many months ago so we fixed it and we broke 2 steering boxes also we fixed that 2, welding a nice fat plate in the front area but now it broke very bad i have a couple of pic but can not upload them

Back