• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking of heading to Naches Oct. 3-4

squint_91

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I have been wanting to do the Naches pass trail for some time and for some reason I just cant find the time to get out and hit the trails. Summer is pretty much gone and I think this weekend is probably my only chance to get out.

My question is: Do you think a stock TJ can run the Naches pass trail and maybe a couple of the surrounding trails? I have a 98 XJ, the TJ belongs to a friend of mine.

I would like to go as a pair of rigs rather than by myself as I dont have a winch. My jeep has got a 4.5" RC lift and 33" Xterrains that have some life left. I do have a tcase skid, but no rock sliders.

So what do you think? Id like to go out for a night or two of camping and 4 wheeling, I just dont want to go underprepared.

P.S. I do have a strap for extraction

Thanks

I havn't been there myself, but, there's a slight possibility I may be able to make a weekend of it. I'll figure things out this weekend and hit ya back Monday.

Eric

Ok, I am thinking about heading up this coming weekend though. If anyone else plans on being out there that would be cool.

I feel like from the couple pictures Ive seen the trail shouldnt be too bad, but I just want to make sure before I tell my friend with a stock rig to come.

I did half of it last weekend and a guy tagged along with us that was in a TJ and open. There was only one time where he needed his winch, but it was because he sank his TJ in a mudhole after watching me go through and seeing how deep it was. We only made it to the cabin, but I hear the hard part is the begining. I am planning on running it again this weekend.

Ray

The first part on the west side is the hardest and then further up don`t turn left into the mud hole just stay straight on the trail and avoid the bigger mud holes . After Gov. Meadow and the cabin it`s easier on the down hill east side. Enjoy.

SORRY, I was a weekend off... I don't think I'm able to make it out this weekend.

Soon though... gotta help Paul fix his Jeep too!

Hey guys, I have been wanting to do the Naches pass trail for some time and for some reason I just cant find the time to get out and hit the trails. Summer is pretty much gone and I think this weekend is probably my only chance to get out.

My question is: Do you think a stock TJ can run the Naches pass trail and maybe a couple of the surrounding trails? I have a 98 XJ, the TJ belongs to a friend of mine.

I would like to go as a pair of rigs rather than by myself as I dont have a winch. My jeep has got a 4.5" RC lift and 33" Xterrains that have some life left. I do have a tcase skid, but no rock sliders.

So what do you think? Id like to go out for a night or two of camping and 4 wheeling, I just dont want to go underprepared.

P.S. I do have a strap for extraction

Thanks

I have seen guys do the entire Naches trail in 2wd and no lift in everything from a full size ford pickup to a 2wd cherokee. Your rig should have no problem. I have done the trail many times. Last time I went was 2 months ago, with 3 rigs and it took us 4-5 hours with no problems. Let me know when you wanna go I might wanna tag along.

Joe

Last edited:
The first part on the west side is the hardest and then further up don`t turn left into the mud hole just stay straight on the trail and avoid the bigger mud holes . After Gov. Meadow and the cabin it`s easier on the down hill east side. Enjoy.

Lately I have been running the trail starting on the east side.

thanks for the replies

I kind of suspected it wouldnt be too big of a deal. I think this weekend is off because it is supposed to pour rain, so the next weekend Im shooting for is Oct. 17-18

thanks for the replies

I kind of suspected it wouldnt be too big of a deal. I think this weekend is off because it is supposed to pour rain, so the next weekend Im shooting for is Oct. 17-18

yea keep me posted. i can go if its a saturday

my brother was up there today and he said they ran into snow already, just a trace, before Gov Meadows. there might be more snow by the time we get up there later this month. should be a good time and i dont think the trail closes for jeeps until November some time....

well I was thinking about heading up this weekend, but it looks like its going to be crap weather for a while. My next open weekend is the first weekend in november...

I should probably get myself a full size spare before I head out anyway

well I was thinking about heading up this weekend, but it looks like its going to be crap weather for a while. My next open weekend is the first weekend in november...

I should probably get myself a full size spare before I head out anyway
At this time of year the weather might be good but the trail will be muddy and slick or be snow and ice slick and closed after Nov 15

Back