• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering dampener

crazymoose1990

NAXJA Forum User
So i ask this question in the wrong forum. Probably why i didn't get much of a response. This thing is in my way do any of you people drive your truck without one. If so what effects have you felt. They say its to dampen light road vibrations. And has nothing to do with Death Wobble. So any info would be great. I just want to throw this thing in the trash and cut the bracket off my axle to make more room for my track bar to travel. Thanks everyone.:cheers:

I don't run one and I'm fine. But I do have an upgraded steering package.

If your steering and front end is good and set up correctly you should be fine. And yes the dampner does come into play reguarding DW. It's more of a bandaid rather than a preventer but it does affect it.

I know when the jk's came out they had a TSB on DW. This was happening on brand new JK's that have never seen the road. Chryslers fix was to get a bigger dampner... A HD model.

Take it off if you don't like the way it feels put it back on. Or if you take it off and have DW then it was hiding a bad part.

Parakeet

Cool I have had my Jeep since Sep 2008 i have never had even a shimmy. So I think i should be okay. Thanks for the info anyone else have info on there rigs

I did a D44 swap in November 2007. I had a stabalizer put on last year, but I did not notice any difference in ride quality. Never had DW either way. The mount broke off a couple months later, but again, it did not seem to make a significant difference.

Like Parakeet said, if the steering is set up well, you should be OK. But run it for a while without cutting off any mounts so you can find out if you need it.

Back