• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 297 Ujoint Shafts Complete Set W/hubs

joe88xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have 1 complete set of d30 297 ujoint shafts these are the shafts with the same ujoints as d44 front axleshafts, fits tj yj xj zj dana 30 axles 100.00 plus shippin unless you pick up near reading, PA

they dont make the 297 joint shafts with a disco, so they are non disco passenger side there are numerous articles on the web about converting disco to non disco which is a definite upgrade strengthwise.

joe88xj said:
they dont make the 297 joint shafts with a disco, so they are non disco passenger side there are numerous articles on the web about converting disco to non disco which is a definite upgrade strengthwise.

They come in ABS or non ABS

how much would shipping be to 45103, do they have ujoints in them already? if shipping is not to awful bad i want these
thanks, Josh

Last edited:
The shafts do not come in ABS or non ABS, the hubs come in ABS and non ABS and you can switch hubs if needed and or switch the tone rings in or out in place of the non ABS rings on the hubs, if you have any other input you care to add be sure to be accurate in your statements, too many people in this world passing around inaccurate information.

falcon556 said:
They come in ABS or non ABS

shipping for you would be 17.00 insured via fedex ground home delivery, let me know via private message if you want them i will send you payment details via private message. oh and yes they have oem spicer ujoints in them.

joe

Hardluck said:
how much would shipping be to 45103, do they have ujoints in them already? if shipping is not to awful bad i want these
thanks, Josh

joe88xj said:
The shafts do not come in ABS or non ABS, the hubs come in ABS and non ABS and you can switch hubs if needed and or switch the tone rings in or out in place of the non ABS rings on the hubs, if you have any other input you care to add be sure to be accurate in your statements, too many people in this world passing around inaccurate information.

My apologies, the reason I read this, is that I am interested in a pair of axle shafts.
Last time I bought a pair for one of my XJs, it came with the tone rings installed. On ebay, I have seen them with tone rings installed.
And yes, there are two types of axle shafts the ones with the tone ring instaled for ABS Jeeps and the shafts without tone rings for non ABS XJs.
Anybody that is capable of being accurate on his discription will take the time to mention it, considering that there are no pictures included.
BTW the rings don't go on the hubs.

well, it looks like i owe you an apology the tone rings are installed on the outer stub of the axle, they can however be removed and you can install the non abs ring..sorry for the miscommunication....if you want non abs shafts thats no problem.
falcon556 said:
Is the second set ABS or non ABS?

joe88xj said:
you arent listening, the tone rings are not on the axleshafts, they are on the hubs, if you want a set of non abs hubs with the shafts im pretty sure i have a set of non abs hubs, just have to swap the abs tone ring hubs out for the non abs ones, there is no difference in the shafts themselves, do you understand? sorry for sounding so condescending in my previous response, the only difference in the abs hubs and the non abs hubs is the tone ring which is removeable and swappable for non abs rings.

Look Joe, I am not trying to be a pain and I am sincere about this.
Hub is the part that has the bearings, right?
The outer part of the axle shaft, outboard of the U Joint is where the tone ring is located, not the hub.
In any case I will not bother you any further.
Good luck buddy.

check my previous post..i was wrong been a while since i worked on a set of these...i can put the non abs rings on the axles if you want them...no problem

falcon556 said:
Look Joe, I am not trying to be a pain and I am sincere about this.
Hub is the part that has the bearings, right?
The outer part of the axle shaft, outboard of the U Joint is where the tone ring is located, not the hub.
In any case I will not bother you any further.
Good luck buddy.

Back