• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tubings for steering

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
going to be redoing my steering after i fininsh making my inserts at school.
is DOM a must or can i get sch pipe?
from what i hear dom is clost to 10 a foot in some places.

i got mine from onlinemetals.com. its not the cheapest for large amounts, but i only needed enough for my steering

DOM, strength, reliability and it may not be easy to find shc pipe that will fit tube inserts properly.

do it once, do it right... DOM.

DOM because its your life and the life of everyone else on the road depending on it.

Personally,I prefer seamless over all the above for the same reason Begster stated.

I just priced 1-3/4 x .120 wall on Friday and got a price of $3.45 a foot minimum of 15 sticks(17-24ft per). Smaller and thicker might run a bit more and they told me if I wanted 1 piece it would be $5.85 a foot for the exact same thing. Since I'm doing a cage and some other stuff I posted my findings on my club website and now have 4 more people buying with me which will reduce the price further.
Bottom line- the more you but the cheaper it is.
Good luck and post pics. I love steeling ideas that work well.
Stukboy

I built a new tie rod today out of a 4 foot stick of 1.5x.25 wall DOM that i picked up for 25 bucks locally.

Back