• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Conservative vs Liberal

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Kind of in a nutshell..

If a conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns, then no one should have one.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat. If a liberal is, they want to ban all meat products for everyone.

If a conservative sees a foreign threat, he thinks about how to defeat his enemy. A liberal wonders how to surrender gracefully and still look good.

If a conservative is homosexual, they quietly enjoy their life. If a liberal is homosexual, they loudly demand legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal wants all churches to be silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. A liberal demands that his neighbors pay for his.

If a conservative doesn't hunt, he simply doesn't hunt. If a liberal doesn't hunt, he demands that no one hunts.

Most of the "militant" activists for any particular cause I've met (that I've been able to engage in useful conversation - which is in itself difficult...) seem to be politically liberal/Left-leaning.

And I guess that's really the key difference. A conservative knows what's best for himself. A liberal knows what's best for everyone. (Or, at least, they think they do. Even though they usually don't.)

I don't think that's accurate. Conservatives are just as bad as liberals, you just need to share unbiased examples. ;)

Only one I could come up with going the other way is dealing with abortion....

Frankly, I don't give a damn....I think you should be able to do what you want to yourself IF society isn't paying for it in any way....

:guitar:

What would a conservative homosexual look like though? :D kind of an oxy-moron there....

Frankly, I don't give a damn....I think you should be able to do what you want to yourself IF society isn't paying for it in any way....

What would a conservative homosexual look like though? :D kind of an oxy-moron there....

Not so - I know a couple of politically conservative homosexuals. One being my wife's former hairdresser (before he moved to AZ,) who gave me the line, "If you want to be gay, be gay. But, don't be a f***ing fag about it."

He wasn't flamboyant, he wasn't a "flamer" - he was just quietly gay and didn't care who knew it, who didn't know it, and he didn't throw it up in your face or drag it into any conversation by the heels. You could talk to him about anything else - and his behaviour was just barely effeminate, you had to pay attention to catch anything.

I know another who is politically conservative, but a bit more effeminate. Still, while you know he's gay from talking to him, he's not going to drag it into anything, he won't clout you over the head with it, and he's just as fine with you not bashing him as he is with not throwing it up in your face.

Come to think on it, neither one of them likes going to the Fag Shows up in San Francisco...

Guess if they're not "flaming", you'd never really know, eh? :D

Most of the "militant" activists for any particular cause I've met (that I've been able to engage in useful conversation - which is in itself difficult...) seem to be politically liberal/Left-leaning.

And I guess that's really the key difference. A conservative knows what's best for himself. A liberal knows what's best for everyone. (Or, at least, they think they do. Even though they usually don't.)

You obviously have not meet the Texas right wing, moral majority, so called conservatives. OH, thats right, your in Californika. LOL.

Over here the Right wing so called conservatives are just as bad about wanting to legislate religion and morals via US constitutional amendments, as the militant left wing people over there.

In my opinion, a conservative is one who does not want to change things, a liberal is more of an experimentalist, wanting to try and fix what seems to broken. I know that is not the whole story, but it is the part most people miss. As far as health care goes, my definition above, fits a lot of the battle under way in Washington.

Last edited:

Kinda like a Gay conservative? LOL. Wasn't Senator Joe McCarthy Gay? The one that started the Pinko Commi black lists in the 50s, with the senate hearings, or am I thinking of the father of the FBI, J Edgar Hoover?

Kinda like a Gay conservative? LOL. Wasn't Senator Joe McCarthy Gay? The one that started the Pinko Commi black lists in the 50s, with the senate hearings, or am I thinking of the father of the FBI, J Edgar Hoover?

Hoover was a cross dresser if I remember right... Mc Carthy was just and ass hole, same as the rest of the officials in both houses are today.

Hoover was a cross dresser if I remember right... Mc Carthy was just and ass hole, same as the rest of the officials in both houses are today.

So McCarthy was just a famous ass hole, not a flaming ass hole?

Amusingly I know a couple of them...

also didn't some senator get in a huge scandal recently over his liking of gay glory holes or something?

I also know a couple of gay furry christians. I find this even harder to wrap my head around, so I try not to think about it too much... :puke:They're decent people and treat everyone else well though, so I don't really pass judgement on them

EDIT: if you don't know what a furry is, consider yourself lucky. And don't google it for the love of God.

You obviously have not meet the Texas right wing, moral majority, so called conservatives. OH, thats right, your in Californika. LOL.

Over here the Right wing so called conservatives are just as bad about wanting to legislate religion and morals via US constitutional amendments, as the militant left wing people over there.

In my opinion, a conservative is one who does not want to change things, a liberal is more of an experimentalist, wanting to try and fix what seems to broken. I know that is not the whole story, but it is the part most people miss. As far as health care goes, my definition above, fits a lot of the battle under way in Washington.

"A conservative is one who does not want to change things..." - WHAT!?!? :confused1

Um, first example that comes to mind...Social Security. I'll throw away everything I've contributed so far (working for 10 years and even would if I've been working 20 or 30) in exchange for letting me handle MY own retirement. Again, these libs who keep using scare tactics to get social sec. reform shot down think they know what's best for me and my retirement. Not so much. Now, the Republicans in office haven't been pushing as hard as I'd like but that's just because they are pu...:gag:...ies.

The experimentalist characteristic you're giving to liberals doesn't hold water here. They experimented....they failed....they are un-willing to change this terrible excuse for a retirement plan.

x2...

Agreed, though I've only been contributing to social insecurity and mediscare for about seven years now. Can we just throw it away instead of throwing more good money after bad?

As I see it, a "conservative" waits to identify the problem before trying to fix it, while a "liberal" tends toward a shotgun approach with legislation.

In either case, the virulent/militant form is a Bad Thing(tm). One can no more legislate morality than one can tolerance.

Back