• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sway bar install?

climbingbum

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up some JKS quicker disconnects for my XJ. I currently am running the RE bars that came stock with the 4.5" lift kit. I was able to get the top of the bar on the RE's off but the bolt holding the lower end wont budge. Id the bolt screwed in or shold i just be able to pound it out. Why wont it just come off the rest of the parts?

I think that bottom bolt is pressed in. I have the RE Gen II disconnects and when I did my install, couldnt get the bolt out so just left it in and screwed the quick-disconnect stud on. It fit.

Pittman arm puller works well for this remove link from mounting bolt use the pittman arm tool to press the bolt off.If that makes any sense to you you might do a search on it.

Blow torch and a hammer, you'll be fine.

yeah then because of the heat you end up bending your link bracket.

That's interesting, since mine didn't bend on my 94 when I installed my quicker disconnects... and NH loves road salt. :twak:

my driver side i used heat and a hammer and bent the f*ck out of the bracket. anything you heat will bend alot easier. on the passenger side i decided to be smart and use a puller.

You should just be heating it right where the bolt is pressed in. Didn't take alot in my case.

Back