• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No High Beams

Crusher16

RRC President
NAXJA Member
I currently don't have working high beams. Low beams work just fine. The high beams stopped working after I replaced the batter a week ago. The light in the dashboard for the high beams comes on when they are suppose to be on. I replaced the harness and relays and still no luck. Check the voltage for the highbeams and they are getting voltage (Well, the driver's side one is anyways :p). What else should I check?

langer1 said:
Bad bulb?

They both went bad at the same time. Could it happen?

It's not that uncommon for both lights to appear to go out at once, either because they actually did, or because you didn't notice the first one right away.

You might also want to check the connectors at the lights, which often corrode, and, if yours is a pre-97, the harness connector near the front bulkhead, down near the air box, which often corrodes.

Tested the continuity of the bulbs themselves and that seems to be the problem. Be picking up some new headlamps soon. Thanks for the help guys.

Back