• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MY 88 XJ is a HO now!!!

rav

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys;
After 3 days of testing and clocking 200 miles, i would really like to thank Dino for his Ported head article. There is no loss in the low end torque as many pundits claim.There is no gain in HP on the low end(less than 3000 rpm), but the moment you cross the 3000 rpm mark there is tons of power now, i used to climb the mountains of logan at 50-55, but now its 65-70 mph.
If you look at the non HO head and try and match the intake & the exhaust ports, the holes in the gasket are way too big as compared to the opening's in the head, i just kept the gasket on the head, sprayed it blue ink, took of the gaskets and just took of chunks of metal(i left a liittle bit from the mark that i inscribed, did not want to have the ports bigger then the gasket), coupled with the relocated IAT sensor, there is much better throttle response, now all i need is bigger injectors(like the HO) and send my TB to AP to bore it to 62mm(mine is 60 right now).

Would higly recommend this to any NON-HO head or a HO.

Ravi

Back