• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 Grand Cherokee 6 inches 35's DEATH WOBBLE

bigjeepman

NAXJA Forum User
I hate asking these questions but I have tried almost everything I could think of.

1998 grand Cherokee
6 inch lift 35inch Ground Hawgs
242 transfer case
D30,D35 with ABS

I have replaced the track bar(adjustable) and checked all the tie-rod ends. Tie rod ends look good. track bar is definitely good.

Crazy Death Wobble at 30(on speedo) I approximate 45. The only thing I haven't check is balance on the tires. My question is are .177 copper bb's too much weight to balance. I got four packages and I was just going to dump one in each tire but I would hate to put too much in.

Am I missing something? Would air pressure play a big difference?

The only thing I can see that you didn't include was whether you're running short or long arms. On either, how are the bushings? What steering are you running? A 6" lift on an XJ is pretty big, let alone a ZJ. If you're running stock steering make sure you keep a stabilizer that's in good shape on it and keep it in alignment.

pictures to come when i get te death wobble fixed.

sideshow
i passed right over that thread. i will read it and go from there

i am running short arms and stock steering everything appears to be at great angles and ntohing shows wear.

I have been lifting grands and cherokees for a while and have never seen death wobble this bad!

I have the same problems with 6.5'' of lift with 33's. After the helpful info I received from my thred I think I'm going to get control arm drop brackets and a new adjustable trac bar.

Back