• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello from new member

Stugotz

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to say hello to the SoCal community, Just purchased a 91 limited for $700 and plan on spending considerable time and money on it over the next year. I had a TJ for years so not new to the Jeep thing.

91 XJ Limited, auto with tow package, completly stock with 227k. Runs great, body is good but the factory maroon paint is done. Shocks and some of the bushings need replacing so a lift and tires are highest on my priority list. Looking at OME and RE for my 3-4 in. lift.

Feel free to call if your in the area, im in HB. Matt 714-893-1594

Welcome to the party

Welcome!! And first thing that anybody should know and know well is SEARCHING is the KEY to almost anything. And if some one says do a search it is because they have read it before or it has been talked to DEATH. Some people think google is a good way to find it on NAXJA, but that is a matter of opion.

looking forward to seeing a build thread! welcome aboard

Welcome to the madness! Good luck on the build. You should be able to find or get almost any answers for anything you need right here. Great people and a ton of knowledge and experiences.

My suggestion, figure out what type of wheeling and other duties you have for your rig. Is it a daily driver? Is it a fishing/wheeling XJ, Trail rig only? etc... Then, build it for that!

There are thousands of options and opinions of what lift, tires, gears, etc... I think one of the most common around here is a 4-5 inch lift with 33's and 4.56 gears.

You can always add rock rails and tow points and start wheeling immediately!

Best of luck!

Looking at OME and RE for my 3-4 in. lift.

Two very different types if lifts. OME is softer and suited more towards exploration while the RE lifts are more suited to crawling.

I always ask... why do you want to lift your rig? What do you want to do with it? Solo camping/fishing, crawling, high speed racing?

Back