• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ColoradoRaptor

Jawa

NAXJA Forum User
I just picked up an axle from ColoradoRaptor yesterday. He was nice enough to meet me halfway and took the time to explain everything about the axle - any potential issues, its history, etc. Heck, he and his buddy even loaded it into my heep for me! Oh, and he let the thing go for more than a fair price. :D I wouldn't hesitate to buy something from him again! :thumbup:

I just picked up an axle from ColoradoRaptor yesterday. He was nice enough to meet me halfway and took the time to explain everything about the axle - any potential issues, its history, etc. Heck, he and his buddy even loaded it into my heep for me! Oh, and he let the thing go for more than a fair price. :D I wouldn't hesitate to buy something from him again! :thumbup:

I'll say he did -- price out replacing all the brake hardware for that Isuzu axle and find out what a deal you got!:cheers:

It was, and it remains locked and running under my rig!:patriot:

Ah yes, I do remember now. The was the first encounter. I believe I was off of Caley Ave back then, back when I still had the "collection". Didn't you try to sell it at some point?

WARNING - Traditional colorado chapter hijack in process....

I don't remember the whole deal, but you gave me your unique late-70's highpinion/kingpin housing and the Zuzu D44 for a song. I traded the front housing for a complete Waggy D44, and somehow I ended up with an extra Zuzu D44 housing (I have no recollection WTH I got it), that I sold for $100. I have no idea where you lived, since you were cool enough to deliver to me in HR. I regeared both axles to 4.30, aussie locked the rear, LS the front, cobbled together my junk-yard-radius arm suspension (using Mitsubishi arms donated by LED:)), and have been enjoying it all (except the aussie) since!:eyes:

Back on topic -- SO, a $50 Zuzu housing is a screaming deal.:sunshine:

WARNING - Traditional colorado chapter hijack in process....

It's all coming back to me now. The Zuzu and Hp Kp 44 went to you. The bolt-in Dodge rear 60 went to some kid on CO4x4 for his TJ :rolleyes:. The 9" housing and shafts went to some kid in Evergreen for his Comanche build. I sold the geared/detroit 3rd to NAXJA's "themud" for his buddy's Bronco. And the desirable Ford Hp 44 now resides under the 2008 giveaway XJ.........:pirate1:

I'll say he did -- price out replacing all the brake hardware for that Isuzu axle and find out what a deal you got!:cheers:

I've read that the brakes get pretty cashy. Add in the 6 on 5.5 to 5 on 4.5 spacer/adapters he included and I really made out like a bandit. I told him as much too. I've made a lot of purchases I later didn't feel very good about, this time I'm VERY happy. :D

Thanks Josh!! Looking forward to wheelin with ya sometime!

Thanks for the awesome deal on the head raptor! and also thanks for delivering it and the gears/carrier for me and xjboy!

Great guy to deal with A+ seller :D

Back