• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help for UBE/shackle selection

hot_rod_hooligans

NAXJA Forum User
Monday or Tuesday I'm going to be ordering U-bolt eliminators from TNT, and am having a hard time deciding on what ones to get, 1/2", 1", or 1 1/2" lift. In combination with 3.5" leaf springs and a 1" or 1.5" lift shackle I want to match the 5.5" RE coils I'm getting for the front.

Just not sure what shackle would work best with the leafs I have, so I know what size UBE I should pick.

I run RE 3.5" leaves, TNT 1.5" shackle, and 0.5" UBEs.

Sagged a little compared to the RE 5.5" coils I had out front, but I don't have any bumpers or anything.

I'd spring for the 1" UBES if I had to do it over again and wanted it level. But I may be lowering the front down some so I'm glad I didn't.

I have the RE 5.5 LA kit that came with 4.5 leafs, 1" shackles and 5.5 coils.. I've added 2" pucks to the front and was running 1.5 RE blocks in the rear. I just completed my UBE lift on Monday. I ordered the 1.5" UBE so I could eliminate the blocks. I'm really happy with the way the jeep sits. I also chose to mount my Axle in the 1" pin hole which shifted the rear axle back to 102" wheel base.

I hope this helps you in making your decision.

Right now I'm leaning more to the 1" UBEs, and see what that gets me, I'm still a few months off from getting the coils. I'm hoping that a 1.5" shacKle will be enough to level it, if not I think I have a few more options, to get it up there.

Back