• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broke my driver front axle

thats because your jeep was too tall

;)

your doing somthing wrong, cuz we dont break stock shafts, gears and carriers get broken up this way

every shop i called to get my gears recommended selling me some axles as well because of tire size.

Seriously, though, I beat the stock shafts pretty hard without a problem.

I would try another set before I upgraded, just to see if it was a fluke, or a more regular failure.

'Course, I'm a cheap bastard.

Robert

but is it the shaft itself that you're breaking or is a u-joint cap getting spit out and then the trunion takes out the ears of the shaft?? If that's the case, you should just grind out a set of stock shafts and run full circle clips and see how that holds up for you.

but is it the shaft itself that you're breaking or is a u-joint cap getting spit out and then the trunion takes out the ears of the shaft?? If that's the case, you should just grind out a set of stock shafts and run full circle clips and see how that holds up for you.

yeah it ripped the ears completely off the stub. rather spend the money for aftermarket axles. dont wanna take chances.

like its been sugested before, get spicer 760joints with full circle clips, theres been a couple members up here that have blown up gears and carriers without hurting the shafts, or you can just not listen to us like you always do and waste money on a super 30 kit

im gonna buy axles like i want to. the things that i like dont have to be what you like. thats what makes me a different person then you. i asked what the "best" axles were, not the cheapest fix. thanks for understanding

I've broke 2 stock drivers shafts and twisted the splines on the other. I have never so much as damaged a pass side one, but I have heard of it.

Order up a drivers side (inner, and outer) Alloy shaft. Superior makes an inexpensive kit that has a Alloy inner, outer, spicer joint, and circle clips. The one I bought last yeat, I got from 4WD.com and was $280 or so.

DO NOT mix alloy and non-alloy parts in the same shaft. The cheap stuff will break and take out other nice stuff; like your lower ball joint. Don't ask me how I know this; it must be intuition, or I read it somewhere ;)

Edit: I just saw your last post. Sorry, It's my experience I give free of charge, you do what you think is best. : Carry on :D

Ron

I've broke 2 stock drivers shafts and twisted the splines on the other. I have never so much as damaged a pass side one, but I have heard of it.

Order up a drivers side (inner, and outer) Alloy shaft. Superior makes an inexpensive kit that has a Alloy inner, outer, spicer joint, and circle clips. The one I bought last yeat, I got from 4WD.com and was $280 or so.

DO NOT mix alloy and non-alloy parts in the same shaft. The cheap stuff will break and take out other nice stuff; like your lower ball joint. Don't ask me how I know this; it must be intuition, or I read it somewhere ;)

Edit: I just saw your last post. Sorry, It's my experience I give free of charge, you do what you think is best. : Carry on :D

Ron

thanks man

Back