• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Man Emu Add-a-leaf

Khary23

NAXJA Forum User
I installed my OME leaves today and now I'm sitting just about level. (litter higer in the rear) now 20".

I have a problem though I'm getting a clicking from the rear. I got out and shook the jeep side to side to try and isolate the sound but can't seem to be able to pin it down. any Ideas?

Before Lift
P8100140.jpg

After Lift
P8260159.jpg

After Add-a- Leaf

P9260173.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very good.
Maybe the U-joints of the drive shaft get a little bit more strain by the new angle? Is the clicking harder by hitting the gas?
Don't forget to grease the basterds!

'92 XJ

Last edited:
Clicking? Hmmmm... I'd bet on shackles or the front leaf bushings/bolts, have you tightened them down again after a few hundred miles of driving? That's recommended, also retorque your U-bolts. I got another full half turn out of each end of my U-bolts a hundred and fifty miles after installing the lift, with about the same amount of torque.

Clicking? Hmmmm... I'd bet on shackles or the front leaf bushings/bolts, have you tightened them down again after a few hundred miles of driving? That's recommended, also retorque your U-bolts. I got another full half turn out of each end of my U-bolts a hundred and fifty miles after installing the lift, with about the same amount of torque.

I torqued the U-bolts to spec when I installed the leaf. I also checked the torque on every thing else and its all to spec.

Looks very good.
Maybe the U-joints of the drive shaft get a little bit more strain by the new angle? Is the clicking harder by hitting the gas?
Don't forget to grease the basterds!

'92 XJ

Thanks!

I only get the clicking when going around a corner its seems to have something to do with the weight shifting from side to side because it also does it if you push on the side of the Jeep.

Well it could be tire rubbing (mine used to "click" when my fender got tossed about) or i had a problem where my tailpipe contacted my rear shackles when i reved. Check those who knows

i have clicking under certain weight shifting circumstances when i make left turns. i think its a bad wheel bearing

Back