• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No Running or Dash Lights

pastaxj61

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, youve been able to help me before but now I really need some help.

Tonight I was driving home from taking out my boat and realized that nothing was on but my headlights. Lost dash lights, and didnt realize my side marker lights and running lights were out as well. I checked the fuses and nothing was blown. The weird thing is that, when you hold the headlight switch either between running and off, or running and headlights on (if that makes sense), the dash and running lights will come on. Its only when the switch is clicked to the position its supposed to be at does nothing work.

So on the first click (when the running lights are supposed to be on), nothing lights up. On the second click (pulling the headlight switch towards you), only the headlights come on. However, between clicks, you can see the dash lights and running lights make an attempt to come on. That would be the best way to explain it.

Im going on the assumption its the headlight switch, however im not familiar in replacing and rewiring this. How exactly do you go about removing the headlight switch and putting in a new one, assuming that is the problem? Thanks for the help.

I had this last week and it was the fuse.. I hate to say it check them all again, I think it was a 10 amp one. Looked good but tested out bad when i put a meter on it.

Or i could be totally off base it its the switch..

Dave

same thing happened in my 2000 i put 2 switches in it but it kept blowing the underhood fuse.... local jeep mech tracked the short to the radio of all places, put a new head in it and it never did it again... odd connection i know but it worked

Back