• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a battery - best place/deal for exide orbital ?

In my experience, the Exide Orbital is a POS! I have seen more defective than good. I work at a NAPA, and we sold (past tense) those to a few now unhappy people. Just my opinion. We have some really good deals on the Optima's right now though. Napa just started buying them direct a month or so ago, and now we sell them very competitively. Red top P/N is "N993478RED" and we are selling them for $159 exchange. I can't say whether your local NAPA will have them at that price or not, but if they use NAPA's "West Coast Pricing" they will!

I bought two Exide Orbitals, one for me, the other for my wife. Hers died at 12 months, mine at 14 months. I still have them in the garage for testing light bulbs and using as weights. They seem to charge OK and deliver 12 volts but they just won't crank.

I now use Odyssey PC1200MJLT batteries and they have stood idle for six months over a Utah winter and started our Jeeps first time in the spring. I bought my last one from NAXJA SoCal member Grant Curtis (GCurtis).

Guess I read good reviews only. I've heard bad things about optimas.. that quality has gone downhill since they are now made in mexico. I may spring big bucks for a re badged odyssey at sears.. 200 bucks for a big one and 4 year free replacement.

Back