• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best bang for the buck

Jeemy B.

NAXJA Forum User
i need the best bang for the buck on a 6.5 lift with springs or 5.5 not sure, heres what i have;

01 jeep cherokke sport
33x12.50 on 15x10 dc1 wheels
1200 cash in hand to spend

Thats alll you got? Look at Rough country or iroc offroad..Best bet for the cash you have..Both these guys have complete kits..

I haven't looked into those kits.. but do either of those have SYE included?

You are going to need an SYE with that much lift on an 01 (you would need an SYE with that much lift on an older XJ, all the more with an 01). Then you will probably need a new driveshaft, and to shim the rear axle...

It will end up costing more than the price of just the lift kit to go that high.

5.5 is too high for 33's 4" and trimming is great

i am running rough country 4.5" lift with 33s light trimming and no sye - i like it

But what year is your rig? Newer XJs need SYE with less lift. I have 3.5" and absolutely no vibs but I have a '93. I have heard anything 3"+ on a newer XJ and you will start wanting an SYE.

And speaking of that I run 3.5" and 33's and just trimmed until they fit. Love it.

You can go the RE hack+tap route and a xj used front shaft thats a cheap alternative until you can afford a proper SYE install and upgraded rear shaft. I have H&T only I scored a good used Woody shaft for under $200.Have had zero vibs and no problems in over 5years.

Yeah go with the best 4.5 lift you can with still buying a hack and tap and new flange. Then get a junkyard driveshaft. Looking at around 1000 to spend on lift. Look to make sure the kit comes with new tracbar, brakelines, shocks of course, Full pack leaves ( i would ask for 3.5 '' leaves and get a 1 inch lift shackle. Better ride and flex.), New lower Control arms, No spacers up front. If you are missing any of those then get them. Doesn't have to be from the same company but research the specific part. ei Rustys trac bar sucks that comes with there 4.5. RE is much better. But Rustys Springs aren't bad. RE are kind of hard.

have you swapped gears in the axles either. id take that into consideration as well. spend the money on some good used parts and put the rest into gears and lockers if thats your plan with it. and if you are going to put more $$ into it later. it would help if we knew what you were going to do with it.
imo
but since you asked for lift. i would piece a good one together with used parts or go with one of the suggestions above.

good luck!

But what year is your rig? Newer XJs need SYE with less lift. I have 3.5" and absolutely no vibs but I have a '93. I have heard anything 3"+ on a newer XJ and you will start wanting an SYE.

i have a '98 - but i would agreethat '96+ models are more likely to require sye since they are more prone to driveline vibes due to the shift from transfer case housing for the slip yoke to a rubber boot.

I have 5.5" of lift and 32's with no sye on a 2000 and i have no vibes at all, just put in the lift and went! she drives perfect, but if i were you i would look into a rough country lift you get a full lift for not a lot of money

Back