• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seats, Vacuum hoses and A/C.

RK1911

NAXJA Forum User
*I have a '92 Laredo, 4.0. the 2 rubber hoses coming from top of valve cover are shot - where do I get replacements? on of the grommets goes from a rubber "reducer" that goes from 1/2" to a 1/4" hard vacuum line.
*I also would like advice on installing A/C into my rig, I have parts available, just some knowledge on how to install the compressor, evaporator, condenser, wiring, controls, etc.
* I also need to find new seats that are similar to stock, but of a better design in the ergonomic concerns, my wife hates the seats, and I am not too thrilled with them either.
Thanks!

Some WJ (99-04 GC) seats should fit, just put them on your stock seat brackets.

*I have a '92 Laredo, 4.0. the 2 rubber hoses coming from top of valve cover are shot - where do I get replacements? on of the grommets goes from a rubber "reducer" that goes from 1/2" to a 1/4" hard vacuum line.
*I also would like advice on installing A/C into my rig, I have parts available, just some knowledge on how to install the compressor, evaporator, condenser, wiring, controls, etc.
* I also need to find new seats that are similar to stock, but of a better design in the ergonomic concerns, my wife hates the seats, and I am not too thrilled with them either.
Thanks!

I got my vac lines at Kragen (even though they had NOOO idea what I was talking about)...I found them myself in their book. I've heard NAPA stocks them. Vacuum Harness. They came in two sections, with grommets, about $30.

I don't know enough about installing A/C, I hear of more guys taking it out. Can't help you there.

X2 on the GC seats unless you go with aftermarkets, but they're spendy for any quality seats.

Rock Auto has them too. I pulled a full set (still with their stickers on them) from a JY last weekend for $4.

Find a similar rig to follow, connect everything with NEW orings. Then take to a place to evac and charge.

Sorry but this is way to vague. What do you mean "better design"? There are plenty of aftermarket seats (pricey), and several options on JY finds as the others have posted.

I just put a/c into my '90. It was pretty straightforward, with some help from this list.
On mine, I needed to add the condenser, compressor, receiver/drier, lines, fan, and wiring harness. It was simple bolt-on. In the cab, you will need to replace the vent controls, which required an additional electrical harness. The vacumm harness needs to be spliced in, as they are different. You could replace the harness, but that means pulling out the heater box (located in the dash just above the transmission). You will also need to replace the "mixer box" under the glove box; it holds the evaporator. It took me about a day to put it all in, and seems to work fine.

I was pretty proud of my factory-original vacuum harnesses still being unbroken after 19 years--until I was working on the TB yesterday and had my rotten back cramp up. Sure enough, leaned into the engine compartment to steady myself and broke both halves!

Priced them at rockauto.com, they had the best price at $17 and change each, but the shipping would have brought the total to $50. NAPA got them for me at $21.99 each, and overnight from Portland.

I hate it when I break things while fixing things!

Back