• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Light Switch Picture Needed 89 XJ

Cherokee_Laredo89

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of doing the dual diaphram booster swap but I forgot how the freaking brake light switch was hooked up. HAHA! Could someone please post a couple of pics about it or direct me somewhere that has one. Thanks!!

You need to see where ad how it's connected in side at the pedal?
I can take pics I have an 89 just need to know where you need.

Sorry for the late reply.....
Taken from the location of where your heel would be looking up at about 45deg.

Let me know if you need a diff angle, but my igital cameras big, and does not fit will in the small space.

100_4056Medium.jpg

100_4057Medium.jpg

100_4059Medium.jpg

RTFM

RTFM, looks like your MC is leaking a little.

Cherokee_Laredo89 - Glad I could help and that your good to go now....

May be from the brake rebuild when I bought it 3 years ago, we replaced all rotors, pads, calipers, drums, and hardware - front and rear.

- I just stuck my head in it - the reservoir is full, no indication of leakage from the the mounting area - engine side of the master cylinder.

Could it just be drain down from spillage during the filling and bleeding process?
(I would think not.... how would it get inside.....but you never know)

Would I notice "wet" from the firewall side too?
Any suggestions on what else to look for (inside and engine side)?

Thanks for spotting it though Joe.

Last edited:
RTFM, sure looks like a typical MC leak, the seals go where the rod acts on the piston.

I would monitor it, and your fluid level. If the brake fluid gets on electrical contacts it will make a mess of them.

I think then it was from the previous owner.
The back of my fuse block is both brittle as hell and looks like it was melted - top right corner, rear (closest to the brake "rod") all electrics worked but what a connection nightmare, nothing would stay "solid" in the fuse block - I ended up adding a sidekick fuse block to carry the load from the melted area.
Moved the wires)

Some day I'll get a new bulkhead fuse block from the you-pull-it and replace mine - but I'm of the mind right now let sleeping horses lie.

Though I will now keep an eye on fluid level and go inverted inside the cabin tomorrow to "see what I can see"

:cheers:

Back