• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Sunday 9/27

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Looking to make a quick run to TSF for the day on Sunday.

I want to run the trails up for adoption, and get some pictures of them. Then from there depending on the turnout we can decide what else to run.

Everyone is welcome. It should be a great day weather wise.

Meeting at 9:00am at Rogers Camp.

I need to find and swap in a new steering box before my next run, otherwise I'd go. Hey Torx - you work down in NW Portland? There's an XJ sitting in a lot right next to my wife's office that looks a lot like yours.

Ah, good point - didn't really pay attention. It was there this AM, it'll likely be there when I leave. It's the same color and "profile" as Torx's rig - that's what I know. Probably one of my favorite XJ's out there. Clean and simple.

When did you see it last? :D

No, I don't work in Portland. I'm solely based on the other side of the river.

Scott, I'm going to try to get my dad to ride with me. If that doesn't work out then I'll probably head out Saturday night. Supposedly a certain NWC VP will be out there camping.

LOL. Can't remember the date, but your rig is in this pic, isn't it? Upon closer inspection, the XJ down the road isn't yours - sorry!

LOL. Can't remember the date, but your rig is in this pic, isn't it? Upon closer inspection, the XJ down the road isn't yours - sorry!

I suppose posting the pic would've been wise.

Misc019-2.jpg

So we arrived about 4 O'clock friday evening and Horse camp is blocked off (closed AGAIN !). Browns was a freeking parking lot ! EVERY single spot was taken. I believe it was the Cascade Cruisers, doing there Poker Run ? ? anyway we ended up camping at Gales Creek. Went and did some Geo Caching Saturday, and realized something didn't feel right on the jeep. Was sagging and rolling worse than normal. Got back to camp and realized i had snapped the center pin on the driver side spring pack. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me in the last 2 years ! ! ! So needless to say we didn't get a chance to hit any trails, and didn't get a chance to check out Saddle-up either : ( Still had a nice time camping and Geo Caching. Sorry we missed ya Dustin. Didn't realize till i got back that you had planned to meet up at Rogers.

So we arrived about 4 O'clock friday evening and Horse camp is blocked off (closed AGAIN !). Browns was a freeking parking lot ! EVERY single spot was taken. I believe it was the Cascade Cruisers, doing there Poker Run ? ? anyway we ended up camping at Gales Creek. Went and did some Geo Caching Saturday, and realized something didn't feel right on the jeep. Was sagging and rolling worse than normal. Got back to camp and realized i had snapped the center pin on the driver side spring pack. This is the 3rd time this has happened to me in the last 2 years ! ! ! So needless to say we didn't get a chance to hit any trails, and didn't get a chance to check out Saddle-up either : ( Still had a nice time camping and Geo Caching. Sorry we missed ya Dustin. Didn't realize till i got back that you had planned to meet up at Rogers.

Time to drill them out and put bigger pins in?

No worries, I got to Rogers around 9, and hooked up with another guy flying solo for the day. It was a pretty fun day, considering when I left the house this morning I had no plan.

We did run Saddle Up, and I got some pictures. I however did not run the other trails up for adoption. Kind of got caught in the wheeling moment. :D

I'll get a little trip report up later tonight or tomorrow. Ran FB5 at mach speed, watched a photo shoot in the Crushers, ran Airplane probably for the last time this year, and then finished the day with Can Opener.

ran Airplane probably for the last time this year, and then finished the day with Can Opener.
they closing airplane? i wont be up there again untill the middle of november. and i was hoping to scope it out.

they closing airplane? i wont be up there again untill the middle of november. and i was hoping to scope it out.

They probably will temporarily through the winter (hence the gates installed at both ends) so erosion doesn't become a problem. My comment was in reference to the trail condition and upcoming wet weather. The rock ledge in the middle has become really undercut. I somehow managed to pick a good line, and walked up it after a few hard tries. It's only going to get worse as time goes on.

Back