• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ball joints???

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok, i was wonderin, how hard are they to put on/take off. im gonna to em in my autoshop, next mon.! do i need to remove the hub, axle and all or can i just swap one out at time?how long should they take? just seein who has done em round here!

Yeah, you need to take the hub and axle out. You also need a ball joint press, as well as the right cups for it. You can swap one side out at a time.

ok not a problem, ill just take the one from work down, ( i work at kragen:D) and hopefully it will go smoothly... they look like the dam factory ones from 88 still??! can it be done in 3 hours?!

karstic.... amen to that one:D! ok and thanks 1990 jeepxj!!!

I done them a bunch of times, I can usally pull tire, brakes, and hub/shaft off of both sides in about 30mins. The Ball joints them selfs are pretty easy, I have taken them out and installed them once with a Floor jack, a big socket, and a BFH. But the right tools never hurt though.

ok i can do the brake/hub/axle part no problem!!! just have never done the ball joint part...which im worried bout:/

dam john, so how much do i owe u now?! id say bout six thousand dollars bout now hahah alright that would actually be better, because after class i rush to work.. so once again thank you john!!! ill give ya a call:D!

Back