• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSL Thornebirds Please Help Me

cj11

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone run these on ther Xj's I have read a bunch of stuff about these and dont know which way to go. These are considered a hybrid Bias du to the fact the have polyester plies and not nylon which gets harder in the cold weather.

found a cheap set in like new condition I do more on road then off road driving.

Any please help need to make a quick choice.

I will go as far as to say, Everyone here will tell you the same thing... Terrible tires.

But if you think its worth blowing the money then hey, whos stoppin ya.

I donno what size they are, But go on ebay look up MAXXIS BIGHORNS and check the 33s MACS TIRE BIN. You cant beat the price - theyre new & theyre awesome.

there is a reason people call them thornturds... of all the reviews i have read about thornbirds the only guy that actually endorsed them said he liked them because using them gave him more of a challenge when driving offroad lol

About the only tire Interco makes that doesn't get positive reviews. Ask yourself this(then ask the seller) why is someone parting with a "like new" set of tires?

pass on them and look for km2's, bighorns, buckshots or something of the like but definately don't waste your money on them. I had a set of 31 buckshots on my rig to start with pretty quiet on the road, good wear, and good amount of grip off road even at street pressure.

I'd rather have my $200 1/2 worn Toyo MT's than a brand new set of Thornturds. I watched a guy with them last weekend have to throttle it out on quite a few obsticals that other guys walked up.

Parakeet

Someone find me a cheap set of 33's please or i might do something I will regret:eye:

whatever you have now is better than thornturds!

Back